Our Glorious History
- In 1859,during the pastoral leadership of the Reverend John Richard Anderson at the Second Baptist Church in the homes of Mother Lucy Crawford on Chouteau Avenue near Ohio Street and Mother Hannah Cabelle, the birth of a new Christian fellowship took place. Members of the rather new Second Colored Baptist Church (Central Baptist Church), along with other interested persons joined together in these homes to seek through prayer, spiritual guidance and direction. A fervent desire for a regular meeting facility and as well for the establishment of a formal organization grew out of these meetings. These were the earliest and humble beginnings of the Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church
What We Believe
Having been baptized in the body of Christ, the Mount Zion Baptist Church exists to share with the world the Word of God and the joy of being saved through Christian Educations, Missions and the fellowship of God's Spirit.
"A Church for people that are Growing and Going for Christ!"
What To Expect
- Philadelphia Missionary Baptist District Association
- Missionary Baptist State Convention of Missouri
- National Baptist Convention, USA Inc.
- 2012 National Baptist Congress - St. Louis, MO